Absa Capital Alternative Asset Management (Pty) Ltd (AAM) is a FSB registered asset management business with Category I and II licenses. The team specialises in the design and management of alternative investment strategies including absolute return, overlay protection, alpha transport and other alternative investment portfolios. The series of absolute return portfolios managed by the team since 1999 have not only provided investors with explicit capital protection at various levels, but also achieved returns significantly in excess of inflation over this period. The building blocks of all AAM’s solutions are acquired through the mechanism of a proven independent, broad-based, best price procedure. Other areas of expertise include bespoke strategies for retail investors, money market strategies, equity market execution in the transition management process, offshore absolute return and hedge fund strategies.
AAM recognises the importance of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) issues when it comes to investment strategies and long-term performance. AAM is a signatory of the United Nations-backed Principals for Responsible Investment.
The six Principles of Responsible Investing are:
- Incorporating ESG issues into investment analysis and decision making processes
- Being active owners and incorporating ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices
- Seeking appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest
- Promoting acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry
- Working to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles
- Reporting on activities and progress towards implementing the Principles